Thursday, January 15, 2009

Starting Now

Today I am creating a blog. My roommate and another friend of mine both have blogs and I figured why not? I want to be an artist a third of the time, a lawyer a third of the time, and a writer for the rest. (I chose thirds because they are the easier to separate) So, I am hopefully going to influence whoever reads this blog to A) have a deeper comprehension of art that is typically under-appreciated/ over analyzed; and B) understand in the opinion of an art student  exactly what is art and what is hysterical. If you hate art, maybe this will change your mind. Its interesting, blogs are like diaries that you let people read. Every week or so, I will post a different profile picture and write a paragraph about it. Throughout the week, not only will I continue to comment on it, but I will also look for things in my life that remind of this painting. Either in color, size, location, etc. everything in the world represents something else its just a matter of finding it. In the eternal words of  Scott Adams, "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.  Art is knowing which ones to keep."   

No comments:

Post a Comment