Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Level of Nirvana has been reached

It is amazing what good music can do to your psyche. Last night, I attended the Ben Folds concert at the Ryman Auditiorium in Nashville, and it was amazing. Ironically, I have seen Ben on three other occasions, but I could never appreciate how well he plays at the Ryman. I am even more excited to see what Death Cab does with the Ryman in May.

Anyways the opening act for Ben was this band called Jukebox the Ghost. Without a doubt, one of the best bands I have heard in a long time. Not only were they a little quirky, they were also adorable, with a side of intellectual. Like any redblooded american college student, I proceeded to stalk them at the next available opportunity, they all went to George Washington University! Intellegience mixed with quirky is always a good combination.
Here are a few links to some of their videos, I highly recommend them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua4YlN9tQKQ ,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EsT1t7hPPU, and one of my new faves "hold it in," http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIJTDwyQw5Y

As for Ben Folds, what more can be said about the man? He takes the "Piano Man" to a new level that at this point in history no one has been able to copy. The talent for being an indie/ alternative musician, but having commercial success without sellling out is quite endearing and gives hope to those of us who follow a "real" alternative lifestyle. This post is for all thos Vandy and Belmont indie hopefuls/ preppy kids that were at last nights sold out show. I am one of you!

And as such, here is my indie art pick of the month: highly representative right? lol have fun with life you bohemian dopes!

1 comment: