Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ballet Schmallet! Well wait a minute...

As most of you should know by now, I will be attending AMDA this fall and since I will be dancing most of the time around 2-3 hours a day five days a week, I felt it was prudent to give you three looks inspired by the use of a leotard. I tend to not wanna have excess clothes prior to dance class, and like to implement my leo under my clothes, or as part of my ensemble. The trick, is to make sure that after class, a quick wash off and a thorough febreeze until you can change leos. That way the outfit can be used again with the sweaty leotard. I always carry either wet wipes and deodorant (for a refresher swipe under the armpits) or my grandmother used to have a wash cloth in a Ziploc bag, (one of the thick ones) to wet as needed and then put back into the bag. That way if you can't immediately change between dance classes and other classes, you won't look like a yucky sweaty mess!
Here we go!
Starting out at the barre: First Position


Now, I am a big believer in heels, but since I will be living in NYC, the prime walking capital of the world, I included a flat option. This outfit can also be worn in winter, just throw in a pair of tights a long sleeve leo. Personally, I think a good dose of red to an outfit can change your whole morale. What better way than an entire cardigan made out of red material? This outfit is sure to set a tone before class!

Second Position:


This set is a little more tame of an outfit. As per usual, there are flat and heel options, and the outfit minus the bag is under 100. I think this outfit speaks for itself, the pops of color along such a monotone palate really smack you in the face. Even the skirt with all its color maintains the same hue all the way around, and with the shoes that hue pops out at you. The little headband is simply and accent that can be worn as you choose, hair up or down, in a bun or braid. This outfit is certainly of the Swan Lake Variety.



Now while I always love my polyvore outfit sets equally, today I have one that just fits me who I am, a occasionally flashy somewhat conservative always bohemian and relatively trendy dresser. This outfit calls for a loud skirt and bright tights, something that not everyone will feel comfortable with during the day, but if you wear flats, a cardigan and have a plain leo on, it will seem like a normal outfit. However throw on some strappy heels, and rip off that cardigan and you can go party with the big dogs. I love multiuse things.

So there you have it, three outfits centered around a leo (leotard sorry guys forgot not everyone knows that) Just for positive thinking listen to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment