Saturday, September 11, 2010

I"M ALL SHOOK UP

So I am currently in a show called ALL SHOOK UP. It's all about the kooky things people do when they are or think they are in love. Its a great show and full of a great cast and crew, and its without a doubt one of the most fun experiences of my life. Its also my last show in Nashville, TN. In case you were unclear, I hate it here, always have always will, but at the same time I did grow up here, I am proud of the fact that I was born in Buffalo, NY; but Nashville was home for many years, and while I hate it. Major aspects of my life happened here, my first boyfriend, kiss, proms, homecomings, volleyball, Fame, Fido, Ru San's, Taste of Tokyo, my friends Harrison and Sarah, and now All Shook Up. I'm sure there is plenty more that I am forgetting, but I do have some great memories, for instance I am probably the only person who enjoyed high school, despite that I was never queen of anything, the only time I ran for something I didn't win, I never won a championship, didn't make the honor roll or valedictorian, nor did I win most talented. I however met a massive amount of people that while I am not bFFs with, I would never get rid of their moments or time in my life for anything.

Anyways, since I am feeling so nostalgic, I was hoping to infuse that into my newest polyvore outfit, as well as give you a helping of some art and music, something that has not happened in quite a while. First of all, song I have a hard time summing up my musical tastes, and this is why I am black, but my fave musicians are Ella Fitzgerald, John Mayer, Michael Buble, and Sam Cooke out of the those four two are dead and have been for quite some time. Now that being said, my fave bands are the Clash, Coldplay, Ra Ra Riot, and Queen. In between there, my faves include opera, classical, musical theatre, anything from Glee, all jazz pre 1960 and most pop music, I also love Lenka and Priscilla Ahn. You can't classify me, and you certainly can't define me, a proud aspect of my person when I was in high school, however you can put me in a few song and they sum up who I am and who I want to be. My clothes fit my personality as well, and for that matter my tastes in film and art.


No comments:

Post a Comment