Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Beatles Beatles Beatles

One of the most important and legendary acts of all time, must be the Beatles. I have yet to meet a "sane" person who does not like the Beatles for one reason or another. They inspired so many and can inspire so much in the ways of fashion. I was once asked by a friend, I have so many concert tees how do I wear them so that they don't look like I am going to mow the lawn? The trick is with a simple distressed t-shirt, you should highlight the other aspects of the look. I have separated each piece of a look, bottoms, the inevitable Beatles tee, shoes, bags, and even jewelry and hair accessories. I have also made sure that each piece is fifty dollars or less, except for the purses, I mean come on everyone needs a great bag!

To begin with, choose out of these amazing Beatles tees. Although personally, I got one of my fave Beatles t-shirts from a Wal-mart in Savannah, GA.



Second let's add the bottom half. I have included some skirt options, jean options, and some great jumper options. For those of you who like to try different things, nothing works better than taking a jumper and mixing it with a distressed concert tee.



Next we have the shoes, now you could do the simple and easy thing and put on black chucks (chuck taylors), but isn't the point to do something different with your wardrobe? I personally favor all of these different pairs, although I must be honest the black flat knee high boots are not under fifty dollars, but let's face it we all need at least one pair of good boots, especially for those of us who live or will live north of the Mississippi.



The next item on our agenda is bags, I haven't chosen many, because I think one good bag can go long way, especially if it is made well.


Oh and just so we are clear, not one of these bags retails over $200! I personally think that is a great deal for leather bags that can last a long time.

Last but certainly not least, jewelry and hair accessories. Now I tend to wear a lot of tams or hobo berets or slouchy hats, or whatever you may call them. Not everyone is like this, but that's just me. I also tend to wear more earrings and necklaces and less rings and bracelets, this must be the residual volleyball player in me. I have created five different jewelry and hat/ headband scenarios that will help compliment your new Beatles inspired look.



And there you have it, a complimentary menu of various sides and additives that will alter any concert tee based you look you prefer. And for your viewing pleasure,
the Beatles!

No comments:

Post a Comment